Key Largo Bike and Adventure tours
"What a fantastic tri camp. The swim instruction by Jon and the running and transition clinics with Bill were outstanding. I really appreciate the way you all broke down the different parts of the triathlon and got us to race day calm and ready to go. After months of training, this was a perfect finish to my preparation."
December 3rd through 7th, 2014 we will be hosting our Third annual Florida Keys Triathlon Camp. This year we will end our camp by participating in the Key West Triathlon.
Our camp will be hosted at Atlantic Bay Resort in Tavernier, then followed up for two nights at Ocean Breeze Inn in Key West. The camp will include bicycle rental and fitting, swim instruction, and bike and run sessions, a welcome beach cook-out, all transportation of bikes and luggage to Key West and back. An early packet pick up with a personal course orientation by the race director. At the conclusion of the race, we will host a social at our hotel pool. Call Mark for more details 305-395-1551
Don't delay, these camps fill up quick.
- "Don't fear the bike" training session by certified mechanic David Dangel. Will cover bike maintenance before race and how to handle bike malfunctions during race.
- Free use of shop paddle boards
- Group run and drills on scenic Old Highway
- Transition basics and set up
- Beach Bar-b-que
- Race Director Bill Elkins will provide early race packet pick up for our guests, course instruction and Q&A session. Will have a transition workshop at the conclusion of the day.
- Breakfast at pool
- Swim warm up and instruction by Jon Olsen with video analysis of swimmers
- Open water swim at Founders Park Beach instructed by Jon Olsen.
- Transition workshop and drills from water to bike.
- Free time, paddle board, rest or visit Islamorada.
- Group bike ride in afternoon to end with a sunset and dinner.
- Morning swim in bay at hotel
- Load bikes and bags in vehicles and head down to Key West
- Check into http://oceanbreezeinn.com/
- Free time to check out Key West or go to the Triathlon Expo
- Walk through race course for those interested
- Prep bikes at hotel
- Race morning
- Free time all day
- Social at hotel pool before dinner.
- Hotel check out (we encourage you to fly out of Key West to save you the long ride back to Miami)
- Drive rest to Key Largo with luggage and bikes. Any bikes that need shipped, we will handle at our shop.
* Price of camp is $399 plus tax.. Lodging not included (camp discount set up for participants, you can opt out of lodging or get own elsewhere), Includes bike rentals, first night cookout, cocktail social last night, pool fees, instruction, bike SAG support for training, early packet pick up, paddle board use and tour. It does not include airfare, entry fee for triathlon or lunches and dinners.
- Register for Triathlon at Trikw.com
- Make airfare arrangements
Call Mark at 305-395-1551 for any questions.